Membership and Affiliate Relations Committee (MARC)
The NCTM Membership and Affiliate Relations Committee provides strategic guidance on the development and implementation of NCTM programs and activities to recruit, retain, and increase value for the membership.
The Membership and Affiliate Relations Committee is charged to promote the mission and goals of NCTM by:
1. Strengthening and enhancing our core image through experiences that support and energize teachers’ passion for their profession; leveraging NCTM’s resources, conferences, educational tools, website, content, and webinars.
2. Strengthening the mathematics education community by supporting activities and relationships between/among Affiliates and NCTM members; enhancing member participation in both while preserving the individual identity of each.
3. Cultivating a dynamic membership strategy to identify and leverage all opportunities to increase retention and value among current members.
4. Developing and overseeing a comprehensive, integrated plan to recruit new and lapsed members.
5. Promoting a plan to develop diverse future leaders from members of the NCTM and Affiliate community.
6. Identifying and serving the growing needs of members at various stages of their careers.
7. Overseeing the plan and facilitation of the Regional Caucuses and Delegate Assembly.
(Approved by NCTM Board of Directors, July 5, 2017)
Ruth Harbin Miles - Chair
Madison, Virginia - Southern Region
Jeremy Zelkowski - Vice Chair
Tuscaloosa, Alabama - Southern Region
Regina (Gina) Kilday - Board Liaison
West Greenwich, Rhode Island - Eastern Region
Scot Acre - Member
Royal Oak, Michigan - Central Region
Catherine (Cathy) Boutin - Member
Johnston, Rhode Island - Eastern Region
Ruby Ellis - Member
Opelika, Alabama - Southern Region
Joanie Funderburk - Member
Parker Colorado - Western Region
Shelley Rea Hunter - Member
Florenceville, New Brunswick - Canadian Region
Jean Lee - Member
Indianapolis, Indiana - Central Region
Daniel (Dan) Luevanos - Member
San Diego, California - Western Region
Kathleen (Taffy) McAneny - Member
Elkton, Maryland - Eastern Region
Maci Nelson - Member
Seattle, Washington - Western Region
Judy Rodgers - Member
Purcellville, Virginia - Southern Region
Megan Schmidt - Member
Andover, Minnesota - Central Region
Jill Sumerlin - Member
Tillamook, Oregon - Western Region
2014-2017 and 2018
Becky Walker - Member
Green Bay, Wisconsin - Central Region
Eileen Murphy - Staff Liaison
National Council of Teachers of MathematicsReston, Virginia Mary Ferris - Staff LiaisonNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics Reston, Virginia