1. Plan and evaluate NCTM programs and experiences to ensure high quality professional development in mathematics for teachers, leaders, and school districts.
2. Oversee the professional development opportunities of the Council.
3. Investigate new and innovative ways of providing professional development for teachers, leaders, and school districts to include, but not limited to:
- E-learning opportunities
- Sustained, ongoing support of teachers' professional development using existing resources.
- Credit hours or professional development hours for participation in NCTM experiences.
4. Periodically review and evaluate the guidelines for the planning and operation of conferences, including overseeing inclusion of significant mathematical content and presentation quality.
5. Provide liaison to the program committee of regional conferences and Annual meetings to ensure the coordination of the professional development plan.
6. Prepare an annual report for the Board of Directors, including budget.