Thank you for participating in the 2012 NCTM Board of Directors election! Four new board directors as well as a president-elect were elected to the NCTM Board of Directors.
Nominations for NCTM Board of Directors
Online Nominations for NCTM Board of Directors are now being accepted. Please recommend yourself or colleagues who are members with records of service and leadership which make them good candidates for the NCTM Board of Directors.
Interested? Check out the duties, benefits and qualifications for the NCTM board members. Nominations deadline is March 1, 2013.
Applications from nominees are required to continue the process. Applications deadline is April 1, 2013.
Four (4) NCTM Board of Director positions will be voted on next fall. An individual must have been
- a member of the Council continuously during the preceding three (3) years and
- must have served on a
- major committee of the Council,
- in another leadership role in the Council, or
- in an Affiliate leadership role.
The Nominations and Elections Committee appreciates your participation in nominating energetic individuals who are qualified to assume leadership roles on the Board of Directors of the Council.
Miriam A. Leiva, Chair (2013 Election)
NCTM Nominations & Elections Committee
NCTM has among its members many talented, energetic individuals who are qualified to assume leadership roles in the Council. The Nominations and Elections Committee needs your help in identifying these members by nominating them for the NCTM Board of Directors.
Support Package: A support package will be provided to the home schools or districts of classroom teachers serving on the NCTM Board of Directors. This package includes the following:
- Reimbursement of all substitute teacher costs when the Board member engages in the work of the Council
- An annual grant of $1,000 to the home school of the Board member
- Four complimentary registrations for the NCTM Annual Meeting and Exposition or the NCTM regional meetings each year
- Complimentary copies of newly published NCTM books
- News releases about the Board member, sent to his or her home district
- A plaque recognizing the school’s support of the Board member (presented to the school at the conclusion of the Board member’s term)
For the purposes of Board nominations, the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics defines "classroom teacher" in the following ways:
- A middle/junior high school or high school classroom teacher is an individual who spends half or more of his or her work time teaching in middle/junior high or high school respectively.
- An elementary classroom teacher is an individual who teaches elementary school mathematics or who works with students in an elementary classroom while collaborating with, teaching with, or supporting elementary school mathematics teachers.