October 23, 2013 • Rio All-Suites Hotel and Casino• Las Vegas
Multi-Tiered Systems of Support: What are Effective Interventions and Assessments?
Join us for this preconference workshop in Las Vegas focused on response to intervention (RtI). This workshop offers support in content, instruction, and assessment for grades 3–8 teachers with learners who struggle.
Space is limited and advance registration and a separate fee is required. There is no onsite registration for this event, so register by September 27 to reserve your spot.
To learn more about the use of instructional interventions download the NCTM position statement on interventions.
- Review the structure and features of common multi-tiered systems such as RtI
- Engage in tasks to support teaching concepts of number, algebra readiness and geometry at grades 3–8 to students who struggle
- Explore formative and progress monitoring assessment strategies that provide ways to gather evidence of students’ progress
Who Should Attend
- Grades 3–8 general education teachers
- Grades 3–8 special education teachers
- Grades 3–8 RtI teachers
University of Missouri-Columbia
University of Louisville
|9:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
||Part 1: Exploration of Number Concepts
|10:30 a.m.–10:45 a.m.
|10:45 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
||Part 2: Exploration of Number Operations
|12:15 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
||Lunch (included in registration fee)
|1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
||Part 3: Exploration of Algebra Readiness Concepts and Skills
|2:30 p.m.–2:45 p.m.
|2:45 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
||Part 4: Putting it Altogether with Assessment Techniques with Wrap Up
Rates: Members, $130; nonmembers, $150 (includes boxed lunch)
Register for this workshop independently or make the most of your learning experience by adding this preconference workshop to your NCTM 2013 Las Vegas Regional Conference registration.