April 13-15, 2015
When will the presentations be
- The Opening Session will be Monday, April 13, 2015, at
- The Plenary Session will be Wednesday, April 15, 2015,
at 10:15 a.m.
- Other presentations will be scheduled from 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015, through 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15, 2015.
Before submitting a proposal, be
sure that you can give your presentation at any time during the conference. We
make exceptions for religious considerations if they are communicated in
advance on the speaker proposal form.
What audiovisual equipment can I
Each session room will include an
LCD projector with only one screen. You are responsible for providing a laptop.
If you are bringing a Mac laptop, you must provide your own connector for the
LCD projector. There will not be an Internet connection available for
speakers in session rooms. Finally, please note that due to costly A/V
equipment fees, any changes to A/V equipment requests made after the August 2015
proposal deadline will result in a fee charged to the speaker.
When will I receive notification about
my speaker proposal?
Acceptance and rejection
notification of proposals will be sent in October 2015. If you did not receive
such an email, although you received notification that your proposal was
submitted correctly, please check your junk email before contacting NCTM. For
further help, e-mail Michael Fish.
What happens if my contact
information has changed?
You may either access the personal
information on your proposal to make the changes or notify Michael Fish.
What do I do once I receive my acceptance letter?
- Check the facts on your proposal. Did we address
your needs for audiovisual equipment?
- All changes or corrections must be made in the Speaker’s
Corner of the proposal system.
- Meet the deadline. If you do not accept the invitation
to present prior to the deadline, your presentation will not be included
on the Research Conference program.
if I have to cancel?
- Email Michael Fish at email@example.com.
- If you do not notify us in a timely manner, your
session description might still appear in the program booklet. Please let
us know as soon as possible.
- Do not be a no-show as this reflects negatively on the
Research Conference and your reputation as a scholar in the field.
What about co-speakers? What if my
- If you are planning to have co-speakers, are they
- No co-speakers will be added to the presentation once
the proposal form has been submitted.
- If there are co-speaker changes (change in affiliation
or contact information, or if the co-speaker is no longer participating),
send an e-mail as soon as possible.
- Changes received after the Speaker Accept/Decline deadline
will not be printed in the program book.
- Co-speakers must be notified of acceptance or rejection
by the lead speaker. NCTM will not
send notification to the co-speakers.
Do speakers need to register?
Yes, all speakers must register for the