NCTM’s newest publication, Principles to Actions: Ensuring Mathematical Success for All, will serve as a resource for sessions at NCTM’s Interactive Institutes and be provided free of charge to all attendees in San Diego and Chicago.
Register for elementary, middle school, or high school institutes to secure your complimentary copy today.
This landmark new title defines and describes the principles and actions, including specific teaching practices, that are essential for a high-quality mathematics education for all students.
An unparalleled educational resource, this publication offers guidance to teachers, mathematics coaches, administrators, parents, and policymakers:
- Provides a research-based description of eight essential Mathematics Teaching Practices
- Describes the conditions, structures, and policies that must support the Mathematics Teaching Practices
- Builds on NCTM’s Principles and Standards for School Mathematics and supports implementation of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics to attain much higher levels of mathematics achievement for all students
- Identifies obstacles, unproductive and productive beliefs, and key actions that must be understood, acknowledged, and addressed by all stakeholders
- Encourages teachers of mathematics to engage students in mathematical thinking, reasoning, and sense making to significantly strengthen teaching and learning
*Principles to Actions: Ensuring Mathematical Success for All will be provided as source material for the Institutes and distributed on-site. The publication will not be mailed. Participants must attend to receive their copy.
NEW from NCTM