To be eligible for NCTM's Student E-Membership, you must be enrolled in an accredited college or university as a full-time student with an interest in mathematics education. Proof of student status such as registration, class schedule, professor verification, etc., is required. Student E-Membership may be upgraded to individual membership upon graduation and must be upgraded to Full Individual Membership or E-membership after six years.
For $44 per year, Student E-Members get a FREE digital edition of one of the following award-winning school journals:
For $59 a year, Student E-Members get a FREE digital edition of the following research journal:
Student E-Members may add print subscriptions, which include full online access, to school journals for $37 per year or to the research journal for $64 per year. Student E-Members may also add a digital edition to the school journals for $19 per year, $34 for the research journal, or $10 for the online-only Mathematics Teacher Educator (MTE), an NCTM and AMTE journal.
FREE Member Exclusive Online Resources
- FREE access to the Members Only area of the NCTM Web site chock full of lessons, classroom-ready activities, sample problems, interactive applets and multimedia for your students, and more.
- FREE access to NCTM's e-Standards, the fully searchable Principles and Standards for School Mathematics.
- FREE access to NCTM's E-Seminars ANYTIME, one-time, 60-minute sessions that provide a closer look at hot topics within math education.
Significant Discount to Top-Notch Conferences
- NCTM's Annual Meeting & NCTM's Regional Conferences are designed to help educators meet the challenges of teaching mathematics in the twenty-first century. The NCTM Annual Meeting is the world's largest gathering of mathematics educators - an unparalleled professional development opportunity. Members save up to 25% off registration. Student Members receive FREE admission to NCTM regional conferences.
NCTM Publications and Resources
- FREE subscription to NCTM's monthly e-newsletters highlighting new Web resources, NCTM activities, and news in the mathematics community including Student Explorations in Mathematics, which offers ready-to-use mathematics activities for students in grades 5–10.
- 20% members-only discount through the NCTM Catalog on a wide variety of books, software, and other resources that cover mathematics education.