2014 NCTM Affiliate Leaders Conference
This Affiliate Leaders Conference is designed for teams of current and potential leaders of all National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Affiliates. Affiliates are encouraged to send teams of at least two members to maximize the benefits of the conference.
July 25-27, 2014 • Chicago, Illinois
Missed the Early Registration?
You can still register after the June 30, 2014, deadline.
NCTM Member: $113
Nonmember: $222 (Fee includes 1-year NCTM membership and choice of journal.)
Leadership: Transforming Affiliates from Good to GREAT!
Challenge your Affiliate to move from Good To GREAT! While technology has changed the way Affiliates operate, implementing ideas to rejuvenate your Affiliate can attract more members. What steps are we taking to advance knowledge about equity in mathematics education to strengthen Affiliate activities and organizations? As a conference participant, you will have opportunities to—
- learn and share about effective use of Principles to Actions document to benefit your Affiliate
- develop strategies for strengthening your Affiliate’s leadership role and advocating for mathematics education;
- learn organizational elements that can make your Affiliate responsive to the needs of your members.
- identify ways of addressing equity in Affiliate activities and organizations;
- learn about the NCTM structure, resources, and initiatives and participate in discussions with NCTM President Diane Briars; and
- develop or revisit the strategic plan for your Affiliate by integrating ideas gathered through discussion with other Affiliate leaders.”
The following conference information may be helpful for planning purposes.
- Day 1: Evening working reception and opening activities begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Day 2: Full-day program, with breakfast and lunch provided.
- Day 3: Half-day program, with breakfast provided. Conference ends at noon.
Conference events will be held at Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel. The deadline for receiving the conference rate was June 30, 2014. Rooms may still be available after June 30, but you may be charged a rate higher than the conference rate ($169 per night for single or double occupancy room). To make reservations, call (888) 421-1442, and give the group name “NCTM LCON.”
For booking online, go to https://resweb.passkey.com/go/NCTMLCON and use group code NCTM LCON.
Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Telephone: (312) 565-1234
Fax: (312) 239-4541
Take advantage of this opportunity to meet and share ideas with leaders of Affiliates from different NCTM regions. Return home with resources and ideas to share with members of your Affiliate. Each participant will receive NCTM product(s) valued at $30 or more on-site.