Nominations Information for the 2015 Board of Directors Election
Nominations for the 2015 NCTM Board of Directors Election are currently being accepted. Get more information about the nominations process and candidate qualifications, roles and responsibilities.
Positions for the 2015 Election
Board Director: Four
(4) NCTM Board of Directors. An
individual must have been a member of the Council continuously during
the preceding three (3) years and must have served on a major committee
of the Council, in another leadership role in the Council, or in an
Affiliate leadership role.
Nominations Information for the 2014 Board of Directors Election
Submitting Online Nominations for the 2014 NCTM Board of Directors Election closed as of March 1, 2014.
Applications from nominees are required to continue the process. The deadline for nominees to submit an application was April 1, 2014.
Positions for the 2014 Election
President-Elect: The person nominated must have been a member of the Council continuously during the preceding five (5) years and must have served on the Board of Directors, as chair of a major committee of the Council, or in another major leadership role in the Council.
Board Director: Four (4) NCTM Board of Director positions will be voted on next fall. An individual must have been a member of the Council continuously during the preceding three (3) years and must have served on a major committee of the Council, in another leadership role in the Council, or in an Affiliate leadership role.
The Nominations and Elections Committee appreciates your participation in nominating energetic individuals who are qualified to assume leadership roles on the Board of Directors of the Council.
Cynthia (Cindy) G. Bryant, Chair (2014 Election)
NCTM Nominations & Elections Committee
||NCTM has among its members many talented, energetic individuals who are qualified to assume leadership roles in the Council. The Nominations and Elections Committee needs your help in identifying these members by nominating them for the NCTM Board of Directors.
Support Package: A support package will be provided to the home schools or districts of classroom teachers serving on the NCTM Board of Directors. This package includes the following:
- Reimbursement of all substitute teacher costs when the Board member engages in the work of the Council
- An annual grant of $1,000 to the home school of the Board member
- A total of four (4) complimentary registrations each year for any NCTM professional development program, such as the NCTM Annual Meeting and Exposition, the NCTM Regional Conferences, or NCTM Interactive Institutes
- Complimentary copies of newly published NCTM books
- News releases about the Board member, sent to his or her home district
- A plaque recognizing the school’s support of the Board member (presented to the school at the conclusion of the Board member’s term)
For the purposes of Board nominations, the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics defines "classroom teacher" in the following ways:
- A middle/junior high school or high school classroom teacher is an individual who spends half or more of his or her work time teaching in middle/junior high or high school respectively.
- An elementary classroom teacher is an individual who teaches elementary school mathematics or who works with students in an elementary classroom while collaborating with, teaching with, or supporting elementary school mathematics teachers.