April 17, 2013 • Colorado Convention Center • Denver
Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports: What Are Effective Interventions and Assessments?
Join us in Denver for this new pre-conference workshop focused on response to intervention (RtI). This workshop offers support in content, instruction, and assessment for grades 3–8 teachers with learners who struggle.
*Registration for this workshop is now sold out.*
- review the structure and features of common multi-tiered systems such as RTI;
- engage in tasks to support teaching concepts of number, algebra readiness, and geometry at grades 3–8 to students who struggle; and
- explore formative and progress-monitoring assessment strategies to gather evidence of students’ progress.
Who Should Attend
- Grades 3–8 general education teachers
- Grades 3–8 special education teachers
- Grades 3–8 RTI teachers
Barbara Dougherty and Karen Karp
|9:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
||Part 1: Exploration of Number Concepts
|10:30 a.m.–10:45 a.m.
|10:45 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
||Part 2: Exploration of Algebraic Readiness
|12:15 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
||Lunch (included in registration fee)
|1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
||Part 3: Exploration of Geometry Concepts
|2:30 p.m.–2:45 p.m.
|2:45 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
||Part 4: Putting It All Together with Assessment Techniques (with Wrap-Up)
Registration for this workshop is now sold out.
Rates: Members, $130; nonmembers, $150 (includes boxed lunch)
Participants can register for this workshop independently of the NCTM 2013 Annual Meeting.