| Log in to the Speaker's Portal
Use this link to upload handouts, and check your room assignment, requested audio/visual equipment, and presentation time.
For handouts to be available in the conference app onsite, speakers must upload their handouts before midnight on the Monday before the conference. Uploaded handouts will be available up to one month after the conference.
Speakers will be able to upload handouts beginning August 2014.
Your username and password was included in the acceptance notification emailed in February. Under the title of your presentation, click "Speaker Confirmation and Speaker's Corner"
Audio/Visual & Internet
Your presentation has been scheduled based on your initial audio/visual request when you submitted your proposal. Only equipment requested during the proposal submission process will be provided by NCTM on site. If a laptop is required, you must bring your own. If you need additional audio/visual equipment, it is your responsibility to order and pay for the additional equipment. Check back in September 2014 for the additional equipment order form.
Internet will NOT be provided in presentation rooms. If your presentation requires Internet access, it is your responsibility to order and pay for internet.
MAC users should remember to bring their VGA MAC adapters to connect to a LCD projector during their presentation. MAC adapters will NOT be available onsite.
back to top
Click on the corresponding conference link to view the room capacity chart.
All presentation rooms will be pre-set for each day’s presentations. Do not move furniture or tape/hang items on the walls . All presentations are attended on first come, first seated basis. View examples of Session, Burst, and Gallery Workshop room sets.
- Bursts (30 minutes) focus on a specific topic or idea. Rooms are set with round tables and gallery seating. Hands-on activities at the tables are not expected for this presentation format.
- Sessions (60 minutes) represent a common format where the speaker relates his or her ideas to an audience. Rooms are set theater style and vary in size.
- Gallery Workshops (75 minutes) have rooms set with round tables for hands-on work and additional gallery seating around the perimeter of the room. The gallery participants will receive the print materials and observe the workshop in a fashion similar to a classroom observer.
Prior to the conference, if you cancel your presentation, notify NCTM as soon as possible so a substitute may be found. Do not send a replacement.
Cancellations must be received in writing by emailing email@example.com.
Contact Information & Updates
To update the lead speaker or cospeaker’s contact information or professional affiliation email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. This step must be completed for each conference to which a proposal was submitted.
IMPORTANT: To update your NCTM membership information, please contact email@example.com or call NCTM Customer Service at 1-800-235-7566.
It is the lead speaker's responsibility to convey all necessary presentation information to cospeakers. All cospeakers must register and pay the appropriate registration fee.
Copyrighted Materials and Recordings
NCTM policy prohibits the use of copyrighted materials in your presentation unless the holder of the copyright has granted prior permission. This also applies to music that is played during the presentation.
Written permission to tape or record programs must be obtained directly from the speaker involved at least thirty days before the NCTM Regional Conference & Exposition. The request must contain a statement indicating the intended use of such a recording or videotape. The person making the request should also inform the NCTM Headquarters Office in writing at least two weeks prior to the NCTM Regional Conference & Exposition.
Hotel & Travel
Hotel and Travel arrangements are your responsibility. Book your hotel room now for Indianapolis, Richmond, and Houston!
Due to trademark restrictions, use of the NCTM logo is restricted to those who receive prior written permission from NCTM Headquarters. Specific guidelines must be met for permission of use to be granted. Upon written request, art related to the conference may be sent to speakers to include in their presentation.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your presentation starts where you will be greeted by a Program Committee member and receive Speaker Ribbons for you and your cospeakers.
- Do not change the room setup or tape/hang items on the walls.
- Do not begin before the published start time. After your presentation, leave quickly to allow the next presenter time to prepare.
- It is inappropriate to promote, advertise, or sell commercial materials during your presentation.
- Volunteers will help clear out attendees from the previous presentation, monitor incoming traffic, and count attendance.
Only Gallery Workshop lead speakers qualify for reimbursement of materials and handout. Only the lead speaker listed for the presentation can request a reimbursement up to a maximum of $2.00 per participant, up to the capacity of the room (see room sets and capacities). The reimbursement must be submitted, with receipts, within 30 days of the conference.
Reimbursement forms for:
Please note that the following items do not qualify for reimbursement: USB drives, posters, shipping or baggage costs from the conference, books, giveaway items, door prizes, tips, and promotional items.
If a presentation needs student participation to be effective, the lead speaker must make his/her own arrangements for the student's appearance.
- Students who wish to attend other presentations and enter the Exhibit Hall must be registered for the conference and at least 16 years old.
- Each student must have written permission slips signed by his/her school and a parent/guardian.
- These slips must be submitted to NCTM, at least 30 days prior to the conference.