The mounting point of the rail should be 12.85 inches from the mounting point of the panel.
The hole in the rail for the 44-degree triangle should be 13.31 inches from the porch end. The hole in the rail for the 26-degree situation should be 17.29 inches from the porch end. The hole in the rail for the 61-degree situation should be 9.57 inches from the porch end.
If your answer does not match our answer,
- did you start with a right triangle with a hypotenuse of 18.5 inches and one angle of 44 degrees?
- did you try using some right triangle trigonometry?
- did you notice that for the 26 and 61 degree angles, you don't have a right triangle? You'll need to draw in a horizontal line yourself.
If your answer does match ours,
- did you explain your work as well as you can?
- did you make any mistakes? How did you find them?
- what hints would you give another student?