By Bill Barnes, Darshan M. Jain, Timothy D. Kanold, Matthew R. Larson, Brittany Mozingo, and Sarah Schuhl
A guide for collectively planning mathematics units of study in a professional learning community
Champion student mastery of essential mathematics content in grades 9–12. Part of the Every Student Can Learn Mathematics series, this guidebook provides high school teachers with a framework for collectively planning units of study in a professional learning community (PLC). The authors share tools and protocols for unwrapping standards, generating unit calendars, developing rigorous lessons, and many other essential team actions.
- Understand how to collaboratively plan units for high school mathematics.
- Study the seven unit-planning elements and learn how to incorporate each in unit designs.
- Review the role of the PLC at Work® process in enhancing student learning and teacher collaboration.
- Observe model units for Algebra 1, geometry, and Algebra 2.
- Receive tools and templates for effective unit planning.
This is a Solution Tree co-pub.