Developing Essential Understanding of Number and Numeration for Teaching Mathematics in Pre-K-2
Members Save up to 30%!
By Barbara Dougherty, Alfinio Flores, Everett Louis, Catherine Sophian, Rose Mary Zbiek
How do composing and decomposing numbers connect with the properties of addition? Focus on the ideas that you need to thoroughly understand in order to teach with confidence. The mathematical content of this book focuses on essential knowledge for teachers about numbers and number systems.
It is organized around one big idea and supported by smaller, more specific, interconnected ideas (essential understandings). Gaining this understanding is essential because numbers and numeration are building blocks for other mathematical concepts and for thinking quantitatively about the real-world.
Essential Understanding Series topics:
• Number and Numeration for Grades Pre-K—2
• Addition and Subtraction for Grades Pre-K—2
• Geometry for Grades Pre-K—2
• Reasoning and Proof for Grades Pre-K—8
• Multiplication and Division for Grades 3—5
• Rational Numbers for Grades 3—5
• Algebraic Ideas and Readiness for Grades 3—5
• Geometric Shapes and Solids for Grades 3—5
• Ratio, Proportion, and Proportionality for Grades 6—8
• Expressions and Equations for Grades 6—8
• Measurement for Grades 6—8
• Data Analysis and Statistics for Grades 6—8
• Function for Grades 9—12
• Geometric Relationships for Grades 9—12
• Reasoning and Proof for Grades 9—12
• Statistics for Grades 9—12