NCTM’S Plans for a Healthy and Productive Event
Updated August 26, 2022
For the 2022 Annual Meeting, we are using the CrowdPass app to help safeguard the health and safety of our participants. All attendees must show proof of negative test within 48 hours of badge pick up. To learn more
We continue to monitor the global and regional response to public health emergencies and may adjust our plans accordingly.
Cancellation Policy Update Due to Coronavirus (Covid-19)
As Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be a worldwide concern, we want to offer registrants more flexibility by waiving cancellation fees for the NCTM Annual Meeting & Expo registration. While we continue to monitor local, state, and federal safety recommendations for COVID-19, customers can register with confidence and know that changes or cancellations to registration* will be allowed without penalty should the situation change or should you begin experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
NCTM continues to make operational decisions following input from local, state, and federal authorities. We will continue to update this page with any new information. If you would like to make a change to your registration, you can do so at any time by emailing [email protected].
*Please note that special events, including preconference workshops, yoga and the MET Celebration are separate from registration and are nonrefundable. Groups must contain at least 5 fully paid/non-cancelled/non-pending registrations to remain eligible for discounted pricing. If the confirmed group size drops below five, each remaining group participant will be changed to an individual and balance adjusted accordingly.
LA County Department of Public Health
NCTM is committed to holding a successful in-person meeting at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) and encourage all attendees to
visit the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health for news and updates on staying healthy and safe in Los Angeles.
Covid Policies and Protocols
NCTM makes operational decisions following input from local, state, and federal authorities. Understanding that our mathematics community will travel to the NCTM Annual Meeting from many different regions, NCTM is taking the extra step of requiring a screening test for all attendees up to 48 hours before badge pickup. Please view required safe-entry protocols here.
NCTM follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local and state guidelines for health and safety at in-person events. Per the most recent guidance protocols from the CDC, counties are assessed based on multiple factors and classified by Green, Yellow, or Red.
NCTM will follow the guidance which could include masks being required by all attendees. View current information on wearing masks in LA County
The Los Angeles Convention Center
has put enhanced safety protocols in place to help guide the event experience.
As part of our health and safety protocols, NCTM will provide contactless payment options at NCTM registration, the NCTM Bookstore and NCTM Central. Accepted credit card payments will include any US- and most internationally-issued magstripe or chip cards bearing a Visa,
Mastercard, American Express, or Discover logo. Checks may be accepted for exact amount at registration only. All payments are to be made in United
States Dollars (USD$). No cash payments. Please check with individual exhibitors and sponsors for their onsite payment policies.
The Los Angeles Convention Center will implement
increased cleaning and sanitization in all high touch building areas, including but not limited to the following:
- Escalator and stair handrails
- High touch points in meeting rooms (door handles, podiums, chairs etc.)
- Hospital-grade air filters and 24/7 air circulation during events
- Increased cleaning and disinfection with the Clorox 360 system
- Tables and chairs will be spaced to allow for social distancing during meals and disinfected on a regular basis.
- Modified food service policies, including touchless payment options
- All convention center employees have received training regarding coronavirus safety. Individuals performing cleaning and housekeeping duties have received additional training regarding cleaning methods, product use, and other activities.
- Contactless hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building for use by all individuals.
- First-aid staff will be located at stations in the convention center and will be able to assist attendees or exhibitors as needed.
- Signage will be put in place to remind attendees and exhibitors of social distancing and hygiene recommendations.
- Hotels that implemented enhanced rigorous cleanliness protocols were identified for NCTM's hotel block.
- Signage will be used to encourage social distancing in common areas.