Geogebra: Residuals and Linear Regression
Explore linear regression and residuals using this Geogebra interactive.
This interactive is optimized for your desktop and tablet.
- Enter the number of points to be plotted.
- Enter the points in the input box. The graph will update as the points are entered.
- Click the Show Line box to show a line. Fit the line to the data by moving the points. Points can be moved in small increments by selecting the point with the cursor and using the arrow keys on a keyboard.
- Click the Show Residuals button to view the squares of the residuals. The graph of the residuals is shown in the lower grid.
NCTM Standards and Expectations
- Probability / Data Analysis and Statistics
- Data Analysis and Probability