Selecting a Shape
- Use the drop down menu to choose from the possible solids: Tetrahedron, Cube, Octahedron, Dodecahedron, Icosahedron, or "My Own Net."
- Manipulate set shapes in the workspace. Click and drag the shape to move.
- Solid/Net: Toggle between solid and net to see different views of the selected shape.
- Color Palette: Select a color to color in faces, edges, and vertices. Click on elements to color them. Clicking again restores the default colors. As elements are colored, they are counted in the left panel. Note: In Net view, edges and vertices that overlap in Solid view only count once and are colored simultaneously.
- Zoom level: Zoom in and out by sliding the marker.
- Transparent: Makes all faces transparent, so the opposite side of solid is visible. Note: This view only disables coloring. When toggled off, previous coloring will be reinstated.
- Shaded: Add shading to faces to make solids appear more three-dimensional.
- Show Total: Will show use how many total faces, edges, and vertices there are.
- Print: Prints nets directly to the printer.
- Reset: Restores default coloring and orientation of shapes.
Using "My Own Net"
Create your own net, and then print, cut, and fold to see if it forms a solid.
Select: Adds faces from the bank on the left and moves pieces.
Eraser: Erases individual faces.
Scissors: Cuts pieces at edges.
Color Palette: Colors faces, edges, and vertices as in other Select a Shape selections.
Note: When printing, note that all faces must be connected to create a single net.