By Ruth Harbin Miles
Transforming the standards into learning outcomes just got a lot easier
In this expansion of the original popular Common Core Mathematics Companion, you can see in an instant how teaching to your state standards should look and sound in the classroom. Under the premise that math is math, the authors provide a Cross-Referencing Index for states implementing their own specific mathematics standards, showing which of your standards are the same as CCSS-M, which differ and how—and which page number to turn to for standards-based teaching ideas.
It’s all here, page by page:
- Get the inside scoop on which standards connect, what key vocabulary means, and time-saving tables showing where to focus instruction for each grade
- Write curriculum for: ratios and proportional relationships, the number system, expressions and equations, functions, geometry, and statistics & probability
- Use the What to Teach pages to deliver powerful standards-based lessons
- Learn effective techniques to create an environment where all students can experience math break-throughs
- Incorporate the Standards for Mathematical Practice to improve students’ ability to problem solve, construct viable arguments, use tools strategically, attend to precision, and more
- Cross-referenced index listing the standards in the following states, explaining what is unique to the standards of each state
Your Mathematics Standards Companion is your one-stop guide for teaching, planning, assessing, collaborating, and designing powerful mathematics curriculum.