Take a look at some of these popular articles, webinars,
and resources from 2021!
We are wrapping up 2021 and welcoming 2022 with gratitude for our NCTM community! Thank you for all you do to support and advance equitable mathematics education. Check out some of the most popular member resources that came from this year below. Not an
NCTM member? Please consider joining today to
access great benefits all year long.
NCTM’s three journals are available as part of NCTM member benefits. Here are some of the most accessed articles from the past year.
Mathematics Teacher: Learning and Teaching PK–12
Available in digital and print, MTLT features timely content on topics of relevance to math educators and learners across the PK–12 continuum.
- Practicing Culturally Responsive Mathematics by Teaching Emily P. Bonner
- Eight Unproductive Practices in Developing Fact Fluency by Gina Kling and Jennifer M. Bay-Williams
- Promoting Discourse: Fractions on Number Lines by Susan Ahrendt, Debra Monson, and Kathleen Cramer
- Purposeful Questioning with High Cognitive–Demand
by Allyson Hallman-Thrasher and Denise A. Spangler
- Inquiry + Math Workshop Model = Success! by Kathryn O’Connor, Emma Dearborne, and Tutita M. Casa
Mathematics Teacher Educator
Mathematics Teacher Educator works to build a professional knowledge base for mathematics teacher educators that stems from, develops, and strengthens practitioner knowledge.
- Engaging Teachers in the Powerful Combination of Mathematical Modeling and Social Justice: The Flint Water Task, by Julia M. Aguirre, Cynthia O. Anhalt, Ricardo Cortez, Erin E. Turner, and Ksenija Simic-Muller
- Learning to Launch Cognitively Demanding Tasks: A Practice-Based Unit for Secondary Methods, by Mark A. Creager, Rachel B. Snider, and Christopher W. Parrish
- Noticing and Wondering: A Language Structure to Support Mentoring Conversations, by Sarah A. Roller
- Supporting Preservice Secondary Mathematics Teachers’ Professional Judgment Around Digital Technology Use, by Charmaine Mangram and Kathy Liu Sun
- Considering Connections Across Research Questions, Data, Methods, and Claims by Karen Hollebrands, Heather West, Emily Elrod, and Valerie Faulkner
Journal for Research in Mathematics Education
An official journal of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), JRME is the premier research journal in mathematics education and is devoted to the interests of teachers and researchers at all levels—preschool through college.
- Factors and Influences on High School Students' Career Choice, by Thomas P. Dick and Sharon F. Rallis
- The Nature, Effects, and Relief of Mathematics Anxiety by Ray Hembree
- Brief Report: The Role of Mathematics Teaching in Fostering Student Growth Mindset, by Kathy Liu Sun
- “Bold Problem Solving”: A New Construct for Understanding Gender Differences in Mathematics, by Sarah Theule Lubienski, Colleen M. Ganley, Martha B. Makowski, Emily K. Miller, and Jennifer D. Timmer
- "An Exploration of the Mathematics Self-Efficacy/Mathematics Performance Correspondence," by Gail Hackett and Nancy E. Betz
NCTM Legacy Journals
The legacy journals, include NCTM practitioner journals, Mathematics Teacher, Teaching Children Mathematics, and Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School. They were published through May 2019 and are available as part of our digital archives.
Top 5 Webinars
NCTM is dedicated to supporting teachers throughout high-quality professional development. Here are some of the most-viewed webinars from our
Professional Learning Library:
- Understanding and Reframing “Learning Loss” in Mathematics: Goals, Policies, and Practices for Strengths-Oriented and Equitable Solutions
Presented by: Donna Leak, Levi Patrick, and Zachary Champagne
- Continuing the Journey: Mathematics Learning 2021 and Beyond
Presented by: Trena Wilkerson, Joleigh Honey, and Mona Toncheff
- Taking Your Online Instruction to the Next Level: Exploring How Effective Instructional Strategies Work in Online Environments
Presented by: Mike Flynn
- Making the Shift to Online Math Instruction: Supporting PreK-16 Educators in Online Pedagogy
Presented by: Mike Flynn
- It All Starts with Noticing and Wondering
Presented by: Annie Fetter
Top 5 Illuminations Resources
Have you seen
NCTM’s Illuminations website? It’s filled with classroom-ready, teacher-friendly resources—included with NCTM membership! Here are some of the most–used classroom resources from this year.
- Isometric Drawing Tool
- Ten Frame
- Tessellation Creator
- Geometric Solids
NCTM New and Featured Releases
Discover new releases and all the NCTM peer-reviewed publications, designed for administrators, principals, teachers, math coaches, teacher educators, and more. Members save up to 30%!
Have some NCTM favorites you want to share? Follow up on