Promotes the development and production of high-quality mathematics education publications, digital materials, and online published content. To oversee and guide the ongoing publishing activities of the Council to ensure that it fulfills its mission of
supporting teachers in providing a high-quality mathematics education for all students.
The Publishing Committee (PC) is charged to:
- Develop an overarching vision for the complete portfolio of materials published by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) and monitor implementation of that vision that takes advantage of new and emerging electronic publishing technologies.
- Support the coherence of the NCTM publishing portfolio by coordinating and facilitating communications between other publications committees.
- Develop and oversee a plan and processes for the development, production, and marketing of books and other educational materials that balances serving the needs of members and other stakeholders with generating revenue for the Council.
- Ensure that all NCTM books and educational materials are appropriately reviewed to meet and ensure a high standard of quality.
- Regularly review products in the NCTM Catalog to ensure the commercial and professional viability of titles in print.
- Periodically review policies and practices for marketing NCTM publications.
- Monitor current and future activities of Mathematics Teacher: Learning and Teaching PK-12, the Journal for Research in Mathematics
Education (JRME), and Mathematics Teacher Educator (MTE), and suggest opportunities for integrated efforts.
- Advise the journal panels on how to address current issues of importance to their readers and all NCTM members.
- Develop means and facilitate opportunities for collaboration between all editorial panels of NCTM journals, publications, and joint publications.
- Address requests from journal panels that involve matters of common interest.
- Advise the NCTM Board, President, and staff on the editorial policies and processes, and business decision making related to NCTM publications and publishing.
- Advise the President when considering and making appointments on the resources and needs of journal panels and the Publishing Committee.
Alicia Burdess – Chair
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Cathery Yeh – Board Liaison
Richard Cox, Jr.
Rock Hill, SC
Amy E. Hunter
Scott Rodgerson – NCTM Liaison